Hi, I am Robert Bates
I have a snoring problem. Well, actually I had a snoring problem. Snoring is not a joke though [...]
Read more >>>
Snoring Solutions Overview
- Oral AppliancesIf you have been looking for a snoring solution for any amount of time [...]
- Chin StrapsAnother device commonly used to stop snoring is the chin strap or chin up strap. This device is [...]
- PillowsOne option you may have seen before is the anti-snoring pillow. These aren’t anything [...]
Best Snoring Devices
This device is what I use to keep myself from snoring. This mouthpiece works very well for me [...]
There are a few things that make this product better than a lot of its competitors. It’s always nice to [...]
- Sleeper Friendly Ninja Moves To Stop Snoring! April 14th, 2014Read more >>>
- Snore-Ex Review: The Cheapest Mouthpiece I Have Found April 1st, 2014Read more >>>
- Mediflow Waterbase Pillow Review: Not a Snoring Solution February 10th, 2014Read more >>>
What Is A Snoring Chin Strap?
If you’re considering a snoring chin strap, stay tuned – you’re about to learn how they work, the advantages, the disadvantages, and a vital step you need to take before letting one into your home.
The chin strap is a pretty straightforward device – you sling it over your face and around your chin. That keeps your mouth shut when you’re sleeping, that encourages you to breathe through your nose, and that healthy breathing pattern can pay dividends in your battle against snoring and sleep apnea.
The Advantages of a Chin Strap
Well, it’s cheap. And unlike medication or a low end mouthguard, you won’t have to spend a long time wondering whether or not it’ll work – it’s a big strap that goes around your head.
In a similar vein, one of the common complaints about stop snoring mouthguards is that they aren’t great for comfortable nights in bed – we’ve got a lot of sensitive parts inside our mouths, and since guards tilt the jaw forward to allow extra breathing, customers do occasional complain about it not feeling right. No worries with the chin strap. It’s about as stressful as wearing a snug baseball cap.
We’re going to mention the temporary nature of a chin strap as a negative in a bit, but there’s nothing wrong with a stopgap solution as long as you’re realistic about it. This strap can buy you plenty of time to research your options and erase the paranoia that can come with sleep apnea.
And if you use it enough, it might teach you proper jaw posture. In that case, you’ll breathe correctly during sleep.
The Disadvantages of a Chin Strap
Well, here’s what you’re not going to look with one of these things on your face – physically attractive. I’m inclined to think that it’ll be hard for a husband or wife to be interested in you when you’re wearing a big, goofy looking chin strap. Then again, if you’ve got the courage to wear that kind of monstrosity on your skull, you’re showing consideration, and that kind of consideration can go a long way…
You’ve also got to remember that you’re using a temporary solution. No matter how well that strap fits, no matter how well it works, you’re ultimately using a quick fix that isn’t going to knock out your snoring or sleep apnea forever. You’ll need to look into other solutions, whether that’s taking a prescription, seeing a doctor, or just losing weight.
Look, the fact is, there was a time when wearing a chin strap for your snoring was really considered a cost-effective idea when compared to more expensive solutions. But there are more effective solutions – namely, stop snoring mouth guards – that have drastically fallen in price over the last 5 years. The mouthguards seem a little more high end, but anybody can afford a top of the line one now.
Before You Start
There’s nothing wrong with buying a chin strap, but please don’t use it as a way to hold off pressing problems with severe snoring. Talk to your doctor if you feel like you need a chin strap or any other tool to get a good night’s sleep!
You Might Also Like:
- Types of Snoring Solutions OverviewSince there are so many different types of snoring solutions out there I know things can get co [...]Read more >>>
- CPAP as Snoring SolutionA CPAP system or continuous positive airway pressure system is what most doctors recommend to t [...]Read more >>>
- Anti-snoring Chin Straps: How Do They Work?The anti-snoring chin strap has been around for a while. Sometimes they are also called a chin [...]Read more >>>
- Anti-Snoring Pillows: How They Are Supposed to WorkAnti-snoring pillows are something that I recommend people to steer clear of. When looking for [...]Read more >>>