Hi, I am Robert Bates
I have a snoring problem. Well, actually I had a snoring problem. Snoring is not a joke though [...]
Read more >>>
Snoring Solutions Overview
- Oral AppliancesIf you have been looking for a snoring solution for any amount of time [...]
- Chin StrapsAnother device commonly used to stop snoring is the chin strap or chin up strap. This device is [...]
- PillowsOne option you may have seen before is the anti-snoring pillow. These aren’t anything [...]
Best Snoring Devices
This device is what I use to keep myself from snoring. This mouthpiece works very well for me [...]
There are a few things that make this product better than a lot of its competitors. It’s always nice to [...]
- Sleeper Friendly Ninja Moves To Stop Snoring! April 14th, 2014Read more >>>
- Snore-Ex Review: The Cheapest Mouthpiece I Have Found April 1st, 2014Read more >>>
- Mediflow Waterbase Pillow Review: Not a Snoring Solution February 10th, 2014Read more >>>
Lose Weight to Stop Snoring
Being overweight may not be one of the most direct causes of snoring, but it certainly doesn’t help. If you are a little heavy and snore then you should consider weight loss as a potential long term solution. Losing weight also comes with many other benefits and is a good way to improve your overall quality of life.
Before we get to that, I want to tell you how and why being overweight plays a role in snoring. When you are overweight there is extra fat tissue all over your body. This includes your face, throat, and chest. How much extra fat tissue there is can vary greatly, but what matters is that it can be reduced.
How Extra Weight Causes Snoring
When there is extra fat on your face, throat, and chest these areas get weighed down. All of this extra weight may not feel like anything to you but your muscles can tell. Fat can also keep the muscles from working properly in these areas. That doesn’t seem like a very big deal until you think about what they do while you sleep.
When sleeping, muscle tension holds your airway open. This is where the fat makes things harder. By having extra fat in and around the muscles that keep your airway open it becomes harder for those muscles to do their job. The result of this is a smaller airway and as you know by now, that can lead to snoring.
It’s Good For You
Losing any amount of weight is good for you. Losing weight in general will also improve any snoring that you may be dealing with now. If you choose to go this route then just losing weight is more important than how much you lose.
Let me be clear, you do not necessarily have to be overweight to use weight loss as a snoring solution. Many people who do not consider themselves to be overweight can and do see an improvement in their snoring after losing weight.
Looking into weight loss as a snoring solution does not mean that you are fat, overweight, obese or anything like that. All it means is that you see the benefits of losing weight no matter what size you are and you want to do it to stop snoring. There is absolutely nothing wrong with that.
Let’s think about this for a minute. Say you lose ten pounds after taking up camping and hiking as your new weekend hobby. Maybe you’ll find out that hiking is one of the most enjoyable things you’ve ever done.
Perhaps by losing weight to stop snoring you will find many new things that you enjoy doing and improve your life in multiple ways. It’s not that uncommon. This happens to a lot of people once they realize that exercise doesn’t have to be done in a gym.
Weight loss can be a fantastic way to stop snoring. Not only does it work, but it can be a permanent solution as long as you keep the weight off. The only real downside is the effort involved.
That effort can be put into a fun activity though. Overall, there aren’t many solutions better than weight loss, but if this doesn’t sound ideal for you don’t worry. There are some other great snoring solutions we will be discussing.
You Might Also Like:
- Snoring and Obesity: Is Your Throat Fat?There are lots of people who snore. There are also lots of people who are overweight. What most [...]Read more >>>
- Yoga As A Snoring SolutionYoga is a great way to stop snoring naturally. If you know anything about yoga then you already [...]Read more >>>
- Overview of Natural Snoring SolutionsWhen it comes to trying to stop snoring naturally this is one of those areas that you get out o [...]Read more >>>
- Lifestyle Changes as a Snoring SolutionStart exercising We’ve already covered exercise although it’s worth mentioning again. Star [...]Read more >>>