Hi, I am Robert Bates
I have a snoring problem. Well, actually I had a snoring problem. Snoring is not a joke though [...]
Read more >>>
Snoring Solutions Overview
- Oral AppliancesIf you have been looking for a snoring solution for any amount of time [...]
- Chin StrapsAnother device commonly used to stop snoring is the chin strap or chin up strap. This device is [...]
- PillowsOne option you may have seen before is the anti-snoring pillow. These aren’t anything [...]
Best Snoring Devices
This device is what I use to keep myself from snoring. This mouthpiece works very well for me [...]
There are a few things that make this product better than a lot of its competitors. It’s always nice to [...]
- Sleeper Friendly Ninja Moves To Stop Snoring! April 14th, 2014Read more >>>
- Snore-Ex Review: The Cheapest Mouthpiece I Have Found April 1st, 2014Read more >>>
- Mediflow Waterbase Pillow Review: Not a Snoring Solution February 10th, 2014Read more >>>
Anti-Snoring Pillows: How They Are Supposed to Work
Anti-snoring pillows are something that I recommend people to steer clear of. When looking for an anti-snoring product you can usually tell what kind of snoring the product will stop.
Nasal products help nose snorers, chin straps help mouth snorers, you get the picture.
With anti-snoring pillows this is not the case. Pillows like this are just supposed to keep your from snoring period. It would be great if things really were that simple. However, they’re not but I will explain why.
The concept that the anti-snoring pillow is based on is alright. The problem is that it focuses on a problem that most people don’t have. The whole idea behind an anti-snoring pillow is that your posture in bed is the reason that you snore. For many people this is not true.
How They Are Supposed to Work
Most of these pillows also require you to sleep on your side for the pillow to work. I’m going to let you in a little secret. Sleeping on your side reduces snoring without a special pillow. When you sleep on your back it is very easy for your tongue to fall into a position that will cause you to snore. Simply rolling onto your side and sleeping there for the night eliminates that issue.
There are two main anti-snoring pillows out there right now. Both of them are expensive and neither one has great reviews. If you check around, you will find quite a few complaints about several features of each.
One thing that keeps popping up is the chemical smell. In some cases this smell is so bad that people don’t even want to be in the same room as the pillow let alone sleep on it. There is also no way anyone has found to get rid of this rank stench.
Another problem is the price of these things. You could easily spend fifty to a hundred dollars or more on an anti-snoring pillow. That’s a lot of money to spend on something that lots of people are disappointed with. Think about that. How upset do you have to be to post a bad review of a product? I know I have to be very disappointed to make a big deal out of a product. Normally if I don’t like something I just toss it in the corner and forget about it.
If you are dead set on buying an anti-snoring pillow I realize that there is nothing I can do to stop you. I really would recommend that you don’t buy one. There is already a growing club of people that bought one and now regret it. It makes a lot of sense though. A product that does not really address the problem it is supposed to solve will not do well.
So to sum it all up, I actually can’t recommend an anti-snoring pillow to anyone. When at least three out of four people are saying these things are junk, it’s probably true. For the people that these pillows do work for, they probably would have seen the same result from sleeping on their side.
You Might Also Like:
- Types of Snoring Solutions OverviewSince there are so many different types of snoring solutions out there I know things can get co [...]Read more >>>
- Anti-snoring Chin Straps: How Do They Work?The anti-snoring chin strap has been around for a while. Sometimes they are also called a chin [...]Read more >>>
- Anti-Snoring Nasal ProductsNasal products that aim to stop snoring vary a lot. You’ve probably seen sprays, nose strips, [...]Read more >>>
- How To Snop Snoring: The Ultimate ChecklistIt’s all too easy to treat snoring as a silly annoyance. After all, if you’ve tried to catc [...]Read more >>>